Traditional Chinese clothing is broadly referred to as Hanfu.
Pien-fu is a traditional two piece Chinese outfit that consists of a tunic and a skirt or pair of pants. This costume was mainly worn at ceremonial events by both men and women. The tunic was knee length and was worn on top of a skirt, which was ankle length, for women, or pants, for men. The Pien was a cylinder shaped hat that was typically worn to accessorize the outfit.
The Changshan literally means “long shirt.” It is the male equivalent of the women’s Cheongsam. It is a long robe (one-piece garment with as shoulders to heel length.
The Shen-i garment is a combination of the Pien-fu and the Chang-pao. The Shen-i has a tunic and a skirt or pants, just like the Pien-fu, but the tunic and the skirt or pants are sewn together to become a one piece garment, like the Chang-pao. The Shen-i style is the most common style worn in China.
In today’s society, these styles is made to look like modern dresses from women.
Intrseted in and want to learn more about Chinese clothing and its history then visit…. http://polaris.gseis.ucla.edu/yanglu/ECC_CULTURE_CLOTHING.HTM
Most Muslims wear what the wear because it is in their holy text as stated “O Children of Adam! We have sent down upon you a dress which may conceal your shameful parts and sent down feathers (or splendid garments) and the dress of piety (Taqwa) that is the best of all.” (Surah A’araf, Verse 26). Here are some of the requirements that must be met by Muslims:
- Women – Must cover their bodies, especially their chest, the only thing visible should be their hands and their faces. This is where the Hijab comes into play. A hijab is a head covering worn by some Muslim women in public. Men – Must cover up their bodies at least between the navel and knee.
- Both sexes must wear clothes that are loose to hide their curves.
- Both sexes must wear clothes that are thick enough to hide the color of their skin and the shape of their body underneath.
- The overall appearance should show modesty and dignity.
- Women can’t dress like men and vice versa, both sexes should be proud of who they are and the femininity or masculinity. Men are not allowed to wear gold or silk because they are considered feminine accessories.
- Muslims believe clothing is meant to cover private areas and be a beautification. Muslims’ clothing must be neat and clean, it can’t be too fancy or ragged. Clothing should not be worn in order to gain admiration or sympathy.
Boy and girls are expected to and began to follow and live and by these requirements when they hit puberty.